MAP Field trips are great for schools, recreational organizations, scouts, or summer camps. We also book adult groups for a facilitated tours of the museum, wetlands and featured exhibitions.
- Standard All-Access Field Trip (2 Hours)
- Discovery Room: 45-minute hands-on, interactive, authentic science exploration
- Exhibition Hall: 45-minute guided tour of current exhibition with a science educator
- Current Exhibition: Modern Dinosaurs
- Upcoming Featured Exhibitions:
Outnumbered: Incredible Lives of Insects, Endangered World, Permian Beasts
- Educator’s Guides
MAP Educator Guides contain relevant and helpful content for teaching in the classroom before, during, and after field trip activities. All guides contain connections to State Standards.
Optional Add-Ons – No Extra Cost:
In addition to the MAP’s Featured Exhibitions, we have many experiences that may be included with Field Trips:
- Great Hall Scavenger Hunt (20 minutes)
- Wetlands Trail (20 minutes)
- In Search of the Higgs boson (20 minutes)
- Paleo Kansas City (20 minutes)
Optional Add-Ons – Additional Cost:
Extend your visit by adding on one of our special Day of Fun packages at Cinetopia or Pinstripes! G rated and educational movies are available in the mornings and afternoons. Bowling at Pinstripes makes for a great team-building activity. All-inclusive packages available.
- Movie at Cinetopia
- Bowling or Bocce at Pinstripes
$5.00 per student plus sales tax
1 complimentary chaperone for every 10 students
Additional chaperones $5.00 plus sales tax
Inquire about additional prices or all-inclusive packages for Movies and Bowling
School Group Criteria
• Part of an educational group (schools, scouts, 4-H, summer camp)
• Minimum of 20 students with a 1:10 chaperone: student ratio
• Field trips must be arranged in advance
• Down payment for half the anticipated tickets to place reservation
• Friends + Family Membership privileges do not extend to the field trip program
• Field trips are offered Monday – Friday from 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
Cancellation and Refund Policy
Full refunds will be issued when notice is provided 30 days in advance. Cancellations less than 30 days before the field trip will be given a full credit in the name of the reservation holder for a field trip within six months of original field trip date. No partial refunds.
Contact Tim Shaban for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (913) 333-3551